Friday, February 22, 2008

Howdy and Thank You Texas

I would again like to THANK Texas. That land of my birth, the land were all my family of origin continues reside, the first political playground of the major oil companies and a state where the people saw the potential of G.W. Bush and hoisted him on the rest of us. Texas, you have made me proud, in a relative sense, to say that I am an Alaskan. You have shown me that it can be worse.

Although Alaska’s representation in Congress is shameful, shortsighted and downright dumb, the Texans have put forth Senators dumber and so shortsighted, they view the world in reverse. (Isn’t that the definition of a conservative.) Check out the League of Conservation Voters National Environmental Scorecard comparing our Senators with theirs. We kick their ass with positive score of 27% and 40% versus 0% and 7%. How do you get a 0%. You would have to be really motivated to get a 0.



So as bad as we have it, it can always be worse. Could you imagine if Frank became President! And I have been thinking I may have to vote to return Don Young to Congress. What if he returned to teaching? Think of those poor children.

1 comment:

Ishmael said...

Very nice comparison. I'm happy we Alaskans are routing out our corruption now, in our 50th year, than let it go for several more decades.